Participate in a Random Act of Kindness...
As a family, do something nice just because.
- Rake your neighbors yard
- Fill someone's parking meter with change
- Leave a nice note on the windshield of a car
- Go out of your way to make a new friend
- Compliment someone on the playground
- Help someone carry their bags
- Cook a meal for another family
- Call a loved one you haven't spoken to in awhile
Make a Classroom Snack
Make a snack or pick up a special treat to send to your child’s classroom to share with everyone.
Here's a recipe for our favorite trail mix...
- 2 cups California raisins
- 1 cup lightly salted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup whole natural almonds
- 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup roasted and salted pistachios
- 1 cup dark chocolate M&M's
Honor a Community Leader...
Head to your local hospital, fire department, or police station and bring them fresh baked cookies or some halloween candy. Note: Most halloween candy is 50% off on Nov. 1st!!
Invite Another Family Over...
Build community with another family by inviting them to...
- Decorate or carve pumpkins
- Cook a meal
- Watch your favorite fall movie
- Watch their favorite fall movie
- Bake cookies
30 Days of Gratitude with your Family...
Have your kiddos share 10 things they are grateful for each day. Tell them what you're grateful for as well. You might want to...
- Journal about it
- Draw pictures
- Practice telling others what you're grateful for
- Write thank you notes
Neighborhood Movie Night...
Host a neighborhood movie night! Pull out a projector and put up a sheet or project a family film onto your garage. Invite the entire neighborhood to gather together potluck style!
Host a Halloween Bonfire...
Pull your fire pit out into your driveway and hand out apple cider, coffee, or hot chocolate to neighbors and friends. It'a a great and simple way to be present in your community. If you want to do something extra special pick up some marshmallows, gram-crackers, and chocolate to make s'mores!